26 March 2008

DESIGNER - helen dardik

designer/illustrator helen dardik has been incredibly busy since i last posted her work back in mid febuary. her blog orange you lucky! has become a real must read as she not only posts her latest works but also casts her creative eye over sites like etsy and flickr. im astounded and amazed at the speed and apparent ease with which helen is constantly creating - shes so talented. i also learned from her blog she has produced a scrapbook range with creative imaginations, see it online here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

helen's work is amazingly adorable! I love her little characters that get mixed into the patterns.

please sir said...

I love the sea creatures! I also recently bought the Cutting Edge Patterns and Textures book from your site - wonderful, graphic read. Thanks!

bowie style said...

i agree diana, a cutting edge is a really great book :)

amanda coimbra said...

i love all these colors! =]

mod*mom said...

thank you for introducing me to helen dardik! i am her new biggest fan too.
i was browsing her blog this morning :) i posted one of her illustrations on my blog recently.

look at my blog for a sneak preview of new alexander girard prints on FLOR carpet tiles that will launch soon.

bowie style said...

ok modmom, will do :)

Anonymous said...

Such fun color combinations. I love them!

Ju said...

I formally acknowledge that you and your blog "Make My Day"
Check out your nomination :)Ju
Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather Moore said...

I agree, Helen is extraordinarily energetic (with three kids!) and I think her work is really fabulous. I'm not sure what Dardik means, but in one of our local languages here, "daadelik" means "immediately", which sounds just about right!

Kelly Schwark said...

Just adorable! Now that I have a little one of my own, and as an artist, I really appreciate designs that are beautiful, creative, colorful and bold that can be used for children. For my baby shower, I begged for them to steer away from pastels and "fluff!" Thanks for sharing!
Kelly
http://www.kellyschwark.blogspot.com/